The Lampi Hat
Patent No. 6,151,712
The Lampi Hat is designed to provide comfort and protection from both rain and sun. With its open air flow design, the hat helps to keep you cool while in the sun on even the warmest days. The unique upper and lower brims help prevent exposure to the sun's ultraviolet and infrared rays. The brims also help to keep the head from getting wet during inclement weather, yet still provide the maximum in ventilation.
Here are a few of the highlights.
- The open airflow design enables high volume direct as well as convection cooling.
- Materials incorporated into the hat reflect infrared and ultraviolet radiation. This reduces or eliminates the effects of sunlight radiation that might otherwise be absorbed by a different style of hat or by the head and shoulders of the wearer.
- The use of heat absorbing materials reduces the amount of heat and ultra-violet radiation reflected from the surrounding environment by the hat to the head and shoulders.
- The use of waterproof materials ensures the integrity of the hat in damp or wet climates.
- The headband is suspended away from the inner surfaces of the hat. This enables airflow completely around and over the head.
- The use of adjustable length headbands permits use by people with widely ranging head sizes. This also permits adjustment of the vertical position of the hat on the head.
- The use of a specially designed mesh provides the maximum airflow while reducing the likelihood of bugs flying through.
- The large diameter lower brim provides exceptional rain and sun protection for the wearer.
- The upper brim provides rain and sun protection for the area of the hat exposed by the mesh.
- The multi-point suspension keeps the hat centered on the wearer's head.
- The shape of the upper and lower brims improves the airflow and reduces the likelihood of water collection by the hat.
- The chin strap with draw string eliminates possibility of hat being blown from the head.
- A version is available that can be stored flat.
- A version is available that provides extended protection from insect pests.
The Lampi Hat
For more information, contact:
2667 170th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98008-5516
Phone: (425) 641-3941
Patent Number 6,151,712